Software Engineering Center
Prof. Dr. Mohammad Ali Maud
Software Engineering Center was inaugurated on 17 May 1999, by the then Prime Minister of Islamic Republic of Pakistan, as Information Technology (I.T.) Center. Later on it was renamed as Software Engineering Center. It houses four computer laboratories equipped with more than 200 computers, each of which is connected to Internet via high bandwidth medium. Only one laboratory hosts licensed Windows Operating system and the remaining host Open Source Linux operating system. It also houses an Electronics Laboratory.
It is primarily used for conducting BSc laboratories, postgraduate classes and postgraduate research. Currently following research groups are operating in its premises each headed by a senior faculty member:
- Bio-Informatics Research Group
- Information Retrieval Research Group
- Semantic Web Engineering Research Group
- Machine Learning Research Group
- Data Mining and Data Warehousing Research Group
- Wireless Sensor Networks Research Group
- Image and Speech Processing Group
Besides faculty offices, it also houses a Seminar Hall with a seating capacity of 185 and a Lecture theater with a seating capacity of 100. All workshops, seminars, exhibitions and competitions are arranged in this Center.