To ensure understanding and application of electrical engineering fundamentals by including analysis and design skills for the betterment of humanity and to become a center of excellence in the field of electrical engineering.
The Department of Electrical Engineering, at the University of Engineering and Technology Faisalabad Campus, is one of the most prestigious schools of learning in the field of Electrical Engineering in Faisalabad. The graduates of the Department are not only ably serving in Pakistan but also represent the country in various industries and academic institutions abroad. The Department aspires that its students be better prepared to handle modern-life challenges therefore it is continuously striving to improve quality of education and research.
The Department was established in 2004 and undergraduate program started in 2004. The postgraduate program was started in 2018 and the department offers degree in M.Sc. Electrical Engineering. Presently, there are about 400 undergraduate and around 30 postgraduate students. The undergraduate courses have been designed to build a strong foundation in various fields of Electrical Engineering whereas the postgraduate courses are aimed at bringing the students abreast with the most recent developments in their area of specialization.
The Department supports nine state of the art teaching and research laboratories. These laboratories are equipped with the necessary equipment that supplements the theory to meet the study objectives.
The Department has a faculty of 24 – 3 have a Ph.D. degree while 21 have a master’s degree. The University has a firm belief in faculty development and therefore facilitates and encourages the young members to go abroad for advanced studies. Presently, six members of the faculty are pursuing advanced degrees – some of them have been funded by UET, others are Fulbright scholars and the rest have won fellowships or grants from their Universities. Faculty members with higher qualifications are engaged in postgraduate teaching and research supervision.
- Graduates will be able to opt a range of careers as manufacturing engineers, services engineers and entrepreneurs.
- Graduates will be able to be a part of international academia as students and researchers.
- Graduates will demonstrate higher standards of moral and ethical values.
- Graduates will be able to lead their teams, departments and organizations.
- Engineering Knowledge: An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis: An ability to identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
- Design/Development of Solutions: An ability to design solutions for complex engineering problems and design systems, components or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Investigation: An ability to investigate complex engineering problems in a methodical way including literature survey, design and conduct of experiments, analysis and interpretation of experimental data, and synthesis of information to derive valid conclusions.
- Modern Tool Usage: An ability to create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modelling, to complex engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society: An ability to apply reasoning informed by contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice and solution to complex engineering problems.
- Environment and Sustainability: An ability to understand the impact of professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice.
- Individual and Team Work: An ability to work effectively, as an individual or in a team, on multifaceted and /or multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: An ability to communicate effectively, orally as well as in writing, on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management: An ability to demonstrate management skills and apply engineering principles to one’s own work, as a member and/or leader in a team, to manage projects in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Lifelong Learning: An ability to recognize importance of, and pursue lifelong learning in the broader context of innovation and technological developments.
The B.Sc EE program up to session 2015 is accredited by the Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC). Accreditation for the session 2016 and onwards in under process.